SOLANGEL CREATIONS NEWSLETTER - January 13, 2019
Greetings to All,
Hope your Holidays were pleasing and delightful. I am starting the new year with a good attitude, new marketing ideas, and several new painting ideas swirling in my head….how more positive can I be?
2018 did not match 2017 for sales, but it did bring new opportunities for art. I’ve listed the highlights below:
1. Best of Show, for the Small Works Lucky 13 Exhibition, sponsored by the Virgin Valley Artists Association, located in Mesquite, NV. This is the second BOS win, I am surprised and pleased. Now I want to win it every year! GREEDY, I know!
2. Publicly working on paintings in progress for the Sedona Arts Center. If you know me, you must know that this was a daunting experience, but each week it became easier. I actually began to enjoy talking to the gallery visitors about art. Many were artists themselves, and from other countries. I am currently working on my 7th painting done in public. People were interested in my setup and seeing how I got it onto the canvas.
3. I met a group of artists that meet on Fridays to paint at locations around the state. As the weather becomes a little nicer, I’ll be joining them. Landscapes have never been my forte, but this may help me to be better at it. If that doesn’t work, there are always “things” in the landscape, begging to be immortalized.
2019 is off to a good start with two show opportunities for the first part of the year, if my entries are juried in. There are others that I may try if time allows and I can have art ready. I will post them at https://www.janetweaver.com, under Events as they unfold.
1. Sedona Arts Center’s 39th Annual Members Exhibition, March 1—31, 2019.
2. International Guild of Realism’s Winter Salon Online Exhibition for Members, March 20 thru May 1, 2019.
I’ve created a frameable 5x7 postcard of “Treasures of a Different Kind” for anybody that responds to this email and tells me where to send it ([email protected]). The card measures 8.5 x 5.5, allowing trimming to fit into a 5x7 frame, or mounting in a mat, and then framing in an 8x10 frame. A photo is included above.
May your new year be magical and loaded with unexpected happiness!